View Single Post
Old 31.03.2020, 17:42

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Laphoraig has no particular reputation at present
Re: Unemployment Insurance/chomage for Directors (Corona)

Quote:
View Post
Just to clarify something, if you do not own any part of the subsidiary or the parent company, then you are simply an employee with the title of 'director', so you should not be subject to the normal rules for directors/owners of a company.
Quote:
The word 'Director' can have so many meanings. But I agree with above post, if you are not owner of the Company, you are an employee, and should be treated as such.

A young friend who owns a Company in the UK posted this today, a petition for support for small company Director/owners

https://www.change.org/p/uk-parliame...167-en-gb%3Av2
Quote:
View Post
If you are registered in the Swiss "handelsregister" (commercial register) then no, director is not just a title. However, I was in a situation many years ago where the company (of which I was a registered director) placed all staff temporarily on minimum work (2 days per month) due to extreme financial pressure and I claimed from RAV (Chomage) for a top-up. After some months of arguing they did eventually pay, although I don't know exactly the rationale - possibly because I was not an owner.

Well this does raise an interesting point. I have absolutely zero financial tie to either the swiss company or the American parent. I do have employee stock options the same as all employees (startup) but no actual shares. I didn't found the company, merely operate it.

However, I am listed in the swiss commercial register as director. So this isn't just a job title but a legal title.