View Single Post
Old 31.03.2020, 19:52
Forum Legend

Groaned at 375 Times in 207 Posts
Thanked 6,368 Times in 2,920 Posts
ZuriRollt has a reputation beyond reputeZuriRollt has a reputation beyond reputeZuriRollt has a reputation beyond reputeZuriRollt has a reputation beyond reputeZuriRollt has a reputation beyond reputeZuriRollt has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Unemployment Insurance/chomage for Directors (Corona)

Quote:
View Post
If you are registered in the Swiss "handelsregister" (commercial register) then no, director is not just a title. However, I was in a situation many years ago where the company (of which I was a registered director) placed all staff temporarily on minimum work (2 days per month) due to extreme financial pressure and I claimed from RAV (Chomage) for a top-up. After some months of arguing they did eventually pay, although I don't know exactly the rationale - possibly because I was not an owner.
Am also registered as a Director in the Swiss Handelsregister. This title in itself does not exclude me from claiming any entitlements in the case of unemployment.
You will be as entitled to claim according to the conditions available to anyone else. Whether you are entitled to claim is a different matter. You need to consult your local RAV.

OK, my employer is a considerably larger company than one or two persons, but the OP should really inform him/herself properly over such things before setting up an international enterprise.

I doubt that EF can supply this info. Let‘s see.
The following 3 users would like to thank ZuriRollt for this useful post: