View Single Post
Old 01.04.2020, 20:41
Forum Legend

Groaned at 122 Times in 106 Posts
Thanked 10,954 Times in 4,811 Posts
Blueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Family reunification got rejected

Quote:
View Post
She is a reliable source of information as she really does know a lot about travel.
Travel, yes, but not visas and health insurance during a pandemic situation. Even under normal circumstances, if someone's visa application pack was 14 days old, I'd send them a new one because that's how frequently such things can change. In these circumstances, what we say now as correct is likely invalid within 12hrs.

Personally, I wouldn't be advising anyone to use public transport for such a long land trip at this time, and would assume that the OP had a return train or flight ticket already booked when they entered Switzerland.

I would have thought that the first point of reference would be Migrationsamt to ask if it would be possible to extend the current 90 day visa free status without incurring repercussions further down the line. But there's still the issue that the OP may not have health insurance for Switzerland. This isn't a travel issue in the getting from A to B sense.
The following 2 users would like to thank Blueangel for this useful post: