View Single Post
Old 03.04.2020, 09:20
AussieKathryn AussieKathryn is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Bern
Posts: 46
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 14 Times in 11 Posts
AussieKathryn has no particular reputation at present
Family reunion visa from outside of the country??

Hi everyone,

Please don't be too critical here. I'm new to moving overseas, and obviously very naive.

I am married to a German, who has an employment contract in Bern starting in August of this year.

I was told today by the cantonal authority in Bern that in order for myself and my children to join my husband, we will need to apply for a family reunification visa from Australia.

We had no idea. We thought that we could move together, and I could enter with him and apply from within the country! (rookie error).

So just to confirm that this is true?? So pretty much the only way will be that my husband goes first, seeks a residence, and then we apply from Australia? Is there any other way?

Of course, this is further complicated by Covid 19 and all of the restrictions!

Reply With Quote