View Single Post
Old 03.04.2020, 13:31

Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
AussieKathryn has no particular reputation at present
Re: Family reunion visa from outside of the country??

Quote:
View Post
There is an alternative. You can come over as a tourist for 3 months. However, you will have to pick up your D visa from outside Switzerland, you could probably organise to pick it up in another European country, but there is a small chance that you might have to go back to Oz to get it. If your family reunification isn’t approved with-in the 3 months, you’d also have to leave the Schengen zone at this point. Problem is it would mean your kids couldn’t go to school as tourists.... unless they have German citizenship in which case they could register at the same time as your husband without having to go through the family reunification process, and could start school.
That sounds alot more promising! The children have the right to German citizenship, so we could potentially apply for their passports and they could start school. So the only possible downside is that I may have to travel back to Australia (which is crazy). But alot better than being split apart for 3-4 months. Of course, I will confirm this with the Swiss embassy here in Australia. Thanks for the advice, it gives me a little bit of hope!