View Single Post
Old 08.04.2020, 12:20
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 129 Times in 67 Posts
DerDieDas has a reputation beyond reputeDerDieDas has a reputation beyond reputeDerDieDas has a reputation beyond reputeDerDieDas has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Employment for non EU/EFTA citizens

Quote:
View Post
Hi,

As I am willing to move to Switzerland, I wanted to confirm the answers to a few questions related to employment for non EU/EFTA citizens.

Q1: I have read that several years of experience is needed for non EU/EFTA to get employed in Switzerland. So is this a myth or is this actually a fact?

Q2: How many years of experience can several years be?
It's not as simple as having several years of experience in a profession; it depends on what your area of expertise is in. You might have 10 years of experience in an area which is pretty useless in CH because your skills won't translate to the country.

OTOH, you can have 1 year of experience in a highly specific area where it is difficult to find people from inside CH or even EU and then you will have a chance.

If you are in IT for example, there are jobs and skills are transferable but if the job can be done by anyone, they won't bother hiring someone non-EU. If you believe, you have the skills to get into Google, no problem, pass their interviews and they will do the paperwork to hire you.

One of the ways people can come and work here is working remotely (or outsourced) for a company in CH and then the company (I have seen several people from India working for banks here) can apply to get you a permit but even then things are difficult.

Still, there are people arriving every day from non-EU countries which means it is not an impossible task but not as easy as hiring someone from the EU.
This user would like to thank DerDieDas for this useful post: