View Single Post
Old 08.04.2020, 16:10
Forum Legend

Groaned at 99 Times in 88 Posts
Thanked 19,576 Times in 8,681 Posts
aSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond repute
Re: shipping my car to the USA to register it

Quote:
View Post
How long do you have to register a car imported from the US with US plates? The registration office is not open but I might be able to get an appointment with them soon. Does anyone know the time limit that you can drive a car on foreign plates? I am here on a B permit.
Once again: If you have been here form more than twelve months than just one month. If you have been here for less than it can be up anything from 1 month, 3 months up to 1 year. Source: See previous post.

Do not forget that you will need a valid Green Card isurance.

Quote:
View Post
Couldnt get insurance with Australian plates - so couldnt ride it till it was all sorted .. imagine it would be the same with US plates.
Getting a valid Green Card insurance is simple. It is available at any Customs Office https://www.nbi-ngf.ch/en/nvb/dokume...nzversicherung