View Single Post
Old 09.04.2020, 14:22
Forum Legend

Groaned at 40 Times in 40 Posts
Thanked 4,389 Times in 2,030 Posts
Axa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Kindly Need Your Suggestions

Hello, I cannot offer much beyond my sympathies. Your situation is really complex. Anyway, a few ideas:

1 - Do you have the old permit? Even if it's expired, it's a proof that the renovation of the permit is being assessed. But, this varies from canton to canton. Where I lived before (NE) they took away the old permit and just left you with a letter stating the permit extension process was initiated. In Aargau you keep the old permit until you get the new one.

2 - There's no deadline. But, the sooner the better because unemployment benefits arrive after some delay.

3 - This is a complex case, better consult a lawyer. In every canton there's a lawyer association (advokatenkammer) when you get 15-20 min of counseling for a minor fee. In Basel it's 10 CHF ( https://akbs.ch/ihr-anliegen/rechtsauskunft) If your question is relatively simple you leave there with an answer, if not they can send you to the right lawyer. In your case, someone specialized in residence permits. Unfortunately, this service is not offered due to the lockdown until the end of April. You may call them to check if it's possible to have the short consulting session remotely.
This user would like to thank Axa for this useful post: