View Single Post
Old 10.04.2020, 21:27
Forum Legend

Groaned at 101 Times in 92 Posts
Thanked 9,106 Times in 4,522 Posts
miniMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Employment for non EU/EFTA citizens

Quote:
View Post
I have done some research online which shows that Switzerland has one of the highest salaries in the world. Australia pays well but the taxes eat a big amount of the money, which is really annoying. I had another question:

As Switzerland has greater acceptance for EU citizens, if I get citizenship from an EU country like Portugal and then migrate to Switzerland, would that acknowledge me with the same value as an EU citizen (e.g. greater acceptance in jobs than non EU citizens, and 5 years to become a citizen etc.)?
Salaries are high but so are expenses. Just because it looks like a lot of money doesnít mean youíll actually live a better life.

If your looking to move here only because you have a higher (on paper) salary and you donít have the specialization to get a company to sponsor your work permit, Itís maybe not going to be the El Dorado you think it is.
The following 4 users would like to thank miniMia for this useful post: