View Single Post
Old 12.04.2020, 16:19
Forum Legend

Groaned at 411 Times in 319 Posts
Thanked 17,344 Times in 9,732 Posts
Medea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Access to Remicade in Switzerland

Quote:
View Post
To expand on this, with a CHF 300 deductible and depending on your age and canton of residence (the cost varies with age and canton) you will probably be paying CHF 400-500 per month for your health insurance. So at the top end, you will be paying CHF 6'000.- for the health insurance per year, CHF 300.- +10% for the deductible and co-pay cost, plus up to CHF 700.- for the rest of you medicine/doctor visits during the year. All that to say, your contribution to the "cost" will be over CHF 7'000.- per year.
Still if the cost of the medication is in the range my husband's, i.e. 4,000 every 3 months then that's 16,000 just for that without all the annual checks, MRI, blood control tests and follow ups with the doctor needed. I've no idea how long a 100mg bottle of Remicade might last the OP, but I'm suspecting not that long. If it lasts a month at 830.90 then that's 9,970.80 without all the other stuff.