View Single Post
Old 16.04.2020, 09:33

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
jinmatahari has no particular reputation at present
Laid Off Circumstances

Hi everyone! Unfortunately, I have been laid off due to restructuring in Feb 2020 and currently on garden leave with Social Plan offer from my company until end of September 2020. I have not received the official termination letter yet. The termination notice period from my employer is 2 months (August and September 2020).

1) This is the first time being laid off in my life and I am quite depressed. I do not know the formalities in Switzerland and my HR department is currently closed due to COVID-19. Is there anything I should do/apply/request formally before/ after I receive my termination letter from my employer?

2) All services provided by the company's Social Plan is currently on-hold due to COVID-19. According to Swiss employment law, is there a possibility to ask for an extension of Social Plan period?

3) I was scheduled for a surgery and I will be on 1 or 2 week sick leave after the surgery. However, the surgery is postponed to an undefined date due to COVID-19. What is the implication if my surgery is done before and after I receive my termination letter?

4) I am currently applying for jobs intensively. If I do not find a job by September, I may go for RAV. If so, when is the suitable time to register for RAV? Should I go now? Or end of June 2020? Or end of September 2020?

5) I am married to a Swiss since August 2017 and have been living in Switzerland since 2012. From my understanding, I am eligible to apply for Swiss citizenship in August 2020 (being married to a Swiss for 3 years and living in Switzerland for more than 5 years). Will my Swiss citizenship be rejected if I am registered to RAV?

Thank you in advance for your replies. Stay safe!