View Single Post
Old 16.04.2020, 15:38
Forum Legend

Groaned at 99 Times in 88 Posts
Thanked 19,576 Times in 8,681 Posts
aSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Last date of Filing / Declaring Tax 2020 delayed due to COVID

Quote:
View Post
1) What is better option to choose a) register online and do my tax there or b) do it on paper and send via post?
Answer for canton Zurich. How you do it should not change the result.
But if you do it online I recommend to use the full version and not the simplified one. If you do it on paper use Private Tax and print everything out.

The software knows the deductible limits.

Quote:
View Post
2) in case of my mistake/-s they will easily notify me a) online or b) by post accordingly, correct?

3) What are the consequences if I made a mistake/-s and how Authorities will behave in this case? like fine or they will just correct it and that's all?

4) for eg. I provide lunch expenses 6000CHF, but according to some regulations -> I can tax only 3000CHF. Will I be notified about this? or they will correct it without notification
5) in case of extra docs or proofs -> I'll be not able to provide it or they will not accept them-> cancelation of that reduction or some fines or smth else?
Depends on the mistake and the reason you made the mistake. But simple mistake or wrong deductions are just corrected w/o further consequences. They might even correct in your favor. But do not count on it and do it right.

If extra evidence or documents are need they will contact you. You anyway have only to submit a reduced set of accompanying documents. Read the instructions carefully what has to be submit with the tax declaration and what has to be provided on request only.

At the end there will be an official Veranlagung/Einschätzung (assessment) You will be notified if the official calculation is different from your tax declaration or if numbers have been corrected. This will be sent by post and you will have 30 days to object against this decision.
On Hiatus- Normal operation will resume 22.02.2022 22:02:20.22