View Single Post
Old 17.04.2020, 13:15
Forum Legend

Groaned at 35 Times in 29 Posts
Thanked 4,116 Times in 1,830 Posts
Anjela has a reputation beyond reputeAnjela has a reputation beyond reputeAnjela has a reputation beyond reputeAnjela has a reputation beyond reputeAnjela has a reputation beyond reputeAnjela has a reputation beyond repute
Re: St Julien en Genevois to Geneva bicycle

Quote:
View Post
Hi,

I will be moving to Geneva and working around the Onex/Lancy area. I plan to live around St Julien so I would like to know if it is possible to commute daily using a bicycle instead of the main transport links such as bus or car.

From what i have researched it is a mere 7km which could be easily done in 20mins.

Appreciate any inputs from those who have more experience . Thanks.

D.
Normally cycling from St. Julien area to both Onex and Lancy is perfectly feasible, and there are dedicated cycle paths most of the way. 20 minutes sounds about right if you're coming from the town centre.
The roads in and around Geneva can be pretty busy though so you'll need to take care as swiss/french drivers aren't known for their respect of traffic rules at times!

As bowlie has already pointed out at the moment several of the smaller crossings are closed so you'll need to check the St. julien one (personally I'd be surprised if it was shut as it's one of the main border crossings) and you'll need the correct paperwork for both directions, a letter from your employer stating that your job is essential to enter Switzerland, and proof of residency such as a services bill to then re-enter France.

PS; I've checked the Route de St. Julien crossing you'd probably take when cycling towards Onex and Lancy (Perly) and it's open seven days a week, 6am-7pm. Bardonnex is open 24/7.

Last edited by Anjela; 17.04.2020 at 13:21. Reason: Adding opening hours for douane.