View Single Post
Old 20.04.2020, 11:24

Re: Back to work, after covid-19

Quote:
View Post
I was reflecting today as I walked the dog. A meeting the other day in Switzerland to ask about getting everyone back to work...

And I was wondering who isn't actually working...

Sure, the airport/airlines & the tourist industry; the shops [although the most essential ones are working and have never stopped].

Factories here and there of which there aren't so many en Suisse? Maybe labs, but I am not sure..

Everyone else is working, from home. Who on EF is not working?

In reality it is people who spend most of their working day at a desk who have been able to convert to home working. This excludes hairdressers, manicurists, physios and chiropractors, dental hygienists, yoga/dance teachers, piano teachers, personal trainers, mountain guides, cleaners, dog walkers and dog trainers, babysitters etc etc. How many of them are self-employed? That is off the top of my head and by no means exhaustive. OP has only to walk or imagine the shopping districts of Zurich, Luzern, Basel etc to understand that the majority of shops are classed as non-essential so remain closed.

A question for OP - Are you working from home and, if not, were you working before the lockdown
The following 3 users would like to thank for this useful post: