View Single Post
Old 20.04.2020, 18:17
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 33 Times in 23 Posts
nejc has a reputation beyond reputenejc has a reputation beyond reputenejc has a reputation beyond reputenejc has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Stolen bike, police doesn't want to check a reseller

I will do a resume of what happened since Friday. I think is very important, as so many people here are stating their uneducated opinion of what is (not) a proof of ownership and what police will not do, as a fact. Such statements canunnecessary discourage people in the future to try and get their possession back.

There was additional communication with the police, where at the end they say:
When the owner can describe her/his bicycle with certain characteristic (bei bestimmten Merkmalen) they will go on with investigation.
They apologised as they are overwhelmed by working from home office.

Today they contacted the Staatsanwaltschaft. They identified the seller trough his Fb profile and they will (did?) invite the seller to ask him about the bike.

During the weekend another friend contacted the seller as "a buyer", after some initial communication the seller said the bicycle is already sold and offered another one.

This bike is probably gone, but I hope that another person finding this thread sometime in the future will know that with some insistence the police will go and investigate further, even if you don't have the chassis number or, let alone the invoice from 30 years before.
The following 9 users would like to thank nejc for this useful post: