View Single Post
Old 21.04.2020, 00:58

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
JourneyMan has no particular reputation at present
Re: Stolen bike, police doesn't want to check a reseller

Over 2 years ago, my e-bike got stolen from its unenclosed stander under my building. I reported to the police in the hope of claiming insurance. Documents included the sales receipt, bike specs, a printed picture I took of it when it was new. Insurance said it was not covered so I came to terms with the loss. A month later the police called to tell me my bike has been recovered, matches the shape in the picture and the serial number on the specs but not the color? It was the lousy paint job that gave it away. In the words of the police officer: "you would not do that to your bike if you were the real owner". That e-bike continues to be my reliable form of private transport in these difficult times.

Another case was with my colleague. Her e-bike was stolen right in front of our office building, it was caught on camera but the clever bastard could not be identified. She reported it to the police and a week later it was recovered in Bern, along with other bikes in a foreign registered covered Van. One of the stolen bikes in the Van had a location emitter updating the owner which helped to get it tracked down.

2 verified success stories to keep the faith in the polizei
The following 9 users would like to thank JourneyMan for this useful post: