Thread: child custody
View Single Post
Old 21.04.2020, 16:10

Groaned at 16 Times in 7 Posts
2funky is considered unworthy2funky is considered unworthy2funky is considered unworthy
child custody

Hi,

I am the father of 2 children and I am divorcing in Canton Vaud. The swiss german mother agrees now to a shared custody model (split -week, 50% each) but she says she might move back to Swiss german side after 1,2 years.

As I am fully against this, the swiss law says the issues will be solved by the Judge:
https://www.admin.ch/opc/fr/classifi...dex.html#a301a

I fear the judge will favour the mother (also because she is swiss citizen and i am not).

But I wonder... the children will not be asked? I heard they will be asked only if >12 y. old but I think - at least the older one - is now well integrated here.

I find it very unfair that the mother can take away the children whenever she will feel like. The children were born and raised here.
If so, I will have just 2 visits per months and half holidays or I have to move to swiss german side as well and follow her??

Question: Will a lawyer help me on this situation, whenever it occurs? Can I do something about it now or later?

Last edited by 3Wishes; 25.06.2020 at 17:52. Reason: user privacy