View Single Post
Old 22.04.2020, 14:18
The Marmite Moderator

Groaned at 449 Times in 343 Posts
Thanked 22,277 Times in 11,530 Posts
fatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sell or not to sell

Quote:
View Post
Thank you for sharing your view fatmanfilms!

-this is not necessarily the problem in CH, currently government show a lot of support for employees(no reference)
-all people who came to visit for renting out the unit had quite stable essential jobs

On the other hand Zurich's economic activity is also in the downturn for some years, large companies downscaled or left the country overall and not many companies setting up workforce here anymore thus employment of huge companies are decreasing year by year. (don't have reference to support that, just an observation, please correct me if I'm mistaken)
Migration is also tightened year by year.

True, net return in case I would rent out both units would be around 2%/annum. Assuming price of the property won't change in 10 years and spend around 5% of the value for renovation in 10Y.
Property prices in CH are bordering on bubble territory, prices could easily be 20% less in 10 years time than they are today. People have forgotten what happens when interest rates rise, as the concept has not existed in a very long time.
The following 2 users would like to thank fatmanfilms for this useful post: