View Single Post
Old 23.04.2020, 11:02
Forum Legend

Groaned at 429 Times in 320 Posts
Thanked 20,644 Times in 10,946 Posts
fatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
Inherited money is the very definition of free money, isn't it? Whatever is left after all the deductions is, simply, money that has been given/received and not earned.

No condemnation, we should all be so lucky. Because that's what it is: luck of the draw.
No more than an end of year bonus, the fact that say your father worked hard & left money to his children, whats the issue? Some people save & invest their money rather than spend it, people have a choice of what they do with their own money. You should have heard the outcry on FB from my left wing friends when the conservatives were going to increase the amount people needed to contribute to their own care, dubbed the 'death tax'.

For disclosure when my father died & I received nothing. At the time my assets were substantially greater than his so of absolutely no consequence either way.
The following 2 users would like to thank fatmanfilms for this useful post: