View Single Post
Old 23.04.2020, 12:55
Forum Legend

Groaned at 339 Times in 277 Posts
Thanked 14,957 Times in 7,684 Posts
greenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
No reason to be poorer than your parents, if you are thats probably because you have a job, rather than set up your own business.

I was earning twice as much as my father when I was 21, but then he wasted 50 years of his life campaigning against the Common Market / EU.
Good for you, I mean wanting to do something on your own and not to depend on your father. Also, wise choice to focus on your life even if that meant business for you and not on politics. I have a vague feeling that many of those whom he opposed back then were busy taking advantages of the Common Market and now the same types of people are very pro-Brexit...
For me personally it's the other way around - my mom had/has her own company and I was always an employee (not hers, haha). For her it was a very logical choice, it made no sense to work for other people while she could do the same thing on her own. And much more profitable.
But letting our individual cases aside, I get your idea. It's not applicable to each case or situation I'm afraid and that wasn't my point anyway. Yes, I agree one can change certain things sometimes. But it takes a whole another level of motivation and hard work for some.
This user would like to thank greenmount for this useful post: