View Single Post
Old 24.04.2020, 08:50
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 330 Times in 200 Posts
Thanked 3,765 Times in 1,346 Posts
Susie-Q has a reputation beyond reputeSusie-Q has a reputation beyond reputeSusie-Q has a reputation beyond reputeSusie-Q has a reputation beyond reputeSusie-Q has a reputation beyond reputeSusie-Q has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Does RAV support a career change?

I certainly understand your situation and am in that place myself. RAV is there to keep you employed and contributing towards their insurance plan. Therefore, the answer to your question is no.

However, I had a friend who was working in the bar industry and actually wanted an office job. RAV told her she had to continue to apply to bar jobs. She did as she was told to and even picked up some shifts when they were available. Simultaneously, she applied for jobs in the field she wanted to work in. With a lot of hard work, she was able to find the job she really wanted on her own and is still there today.

Start thinking about your next move now before you are made redundant. You have more freedom at this time to get to where you want to be than when you will be on RAV.

All the best in your pursuit of happiness! May we all get there.
The following 5 users would like to thank Susie-Q for this useful post: