View Single Post
Old 24.04.2020, 12:47
Forum Legend

Groaned at 281 Times in 187 Posts
Thanked 18,167 Times in 7,624 Posts
Phil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sell or not to sell

Quote:
View Post
I'd keep the place. First off 45k is roughly 2 years rent income, so it doesnt take that long to get the 45k anyway. But the main reason, I would not want to be tied to another owner when it comes to maintenance etc. If youre the sole owner you can do maintenance when you want, else you might be pushed into things you think are not yet necessary... you'd have to negotiate about everything...

Also, as you are living in the other apartement yourself it might be nice that you get to choose the renter of the other half. If you have a renter that plays loud music or what not, you can throw them out (with the 3 months notice of course). Else the other owner gets to decide and he may keep the noisy renter...
Agree. I'd sell it all, or keep it all. Having a 'co-owner' is not worth the hassle.
This user would like to thank Phil_MCR for this useful post: