View Single Post
Old 24.04.2020, 13:06
Moderately Dutch

Groaned at 357 Times in 298 Posts
Thanked 13,280 Times in 6,247 Posts
roegner has a reputation beyond reputeroegner has a reputation beyond reputeroegner has a reputation beyond reputeroegner has a reputation beyond reputeroegner has a reputation beyond reputeroegner has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
My Mother has been having 24/7 care at home since 2011, costs about 90,000 a year, other household costs, food, physio etc. run at least another 30,000. The equity in the house will be exhausted in about 6 years, possibly sooner if house prices fall. It's her money so her choice how she spends it, she has not had a cold or cough in 5 years. Had she moved to a nursing home I am sure she would have died long ago due to lower quality of life & no wish to live.
We had private care for my mother in law, money well spent, I agree with you FMF. It was also much easier for her (I think) to stay in her own home, with her own things, her own garden, even if she could not enjoy that so much later on.

My mom was in a nursing home in the Netherlands, which she enjoyed as they arranged nice outings and things.

Either way is not cheap, but then its your parents!
The following 3 users would like to thank roegner for this useful post: