View Single Post
Old 24.04.2020, 15:32
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 19 Times in 18 Posts
Thanked 2,876 Times in 1,216 Posts
eyebeebe has a reputation beyond reputeeyebeebe has a reputation beyond reputeeyebeebe has a reputation beyond reputeeyebeebe has a reputation beyond reputeeyebeebe has a reputation beyond reputeeyebeebe has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Find the balance between city and nature?(with baby)

Quote:
View Post
Not true- Schwyz has actually the lowest taxes. Wollerau, Bäch, Pfäffikon all fit the bill. Moving from ZH City there cut our taxes in half while the rents, especially in Pfäffikon are not or not much higher than in Zurich. I posted this at least 20 times on here as every single time somebody asks about the low tax places somebody who hasn’t actually lived there jumps in and claims that the rents are high. They are at the Gold Coast because it’s a desirable place to live, not because of the tax rate. Besides the rent level being similar to Zurich did I personally find it much easier to actually secure a place in Schwyz as the competition in the city for a nice flat is bad...
Ditto. It‘s getting a bit boring to have to keep correcting this and it‘s normally the same people saying it and thanking them for saying it.

I‘d go further and say the rents are cheaper in Pfäffikon and the surrounding areas. It‘s also far enough down and round the lake that it‘s not in shadow like people say about closer to Zurich on that side. Plenty of nature and places to go jogging, cycling etc, as well as our own house mountain the Etzel and in the winter you are already closer to the ski slopes, if that interests you.
This user would like to thank eyebeebe for this useful post: