View Single Post
Old 25.04.2020, 15:17
Forum Legend

Groaned at 275 Times in 195 Posts
Thanked 9,945 Times in 3,756 Posts
Pancakes has a reputation beyond reputePancakes has a reputation beyond reputePancakes has a reputation beyond reputePancakes has a reputation beyond reputePancakes has a reputation beyond reputePancakes has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Find the balance between city and nature?(with baby)

Quote:
View Post
Hi dear,

I'm looking for an apartment for our new born baby,but we don't have any idea where is the best place to live:

1.friendly to baby:with playground around and without steep hill(because of the stroller)

2.close to nature:my husband and me all like jogging,we would like to go jogging with the stroller.

3.Lower Tax area:we want to save some Tax for a bigger apartment

4.within 30 mins to zurich HB(including less than 10mins walking distance)

Do any one has good recommendation that could meet our requires?
I live in Greifensee, which is a 15-minute train ride to and from central Zurich, and it seems to fit all your criteria. There is a gorgeous lake here by the same name (Greifensee), and the lake has trails all around it for biking or walking and jogging (a paved trail as well as a stone trail) and also little swimming spots and fire pits, etc. all around the lake. It's a great lake for swimming (very clean) and there are no hills around here. It also has absolutely stunning sunsets, over the lake. There are also a lot of pools nearby which you can easily get to via foot or by bike. I wasn't sure about the taxes here, but just asked my husband, and he said that he's pretty sure they are a bit lower than average here.
The village of Greifensee has a really charming central area on the shore of the lake, with nice little cafes, etc. And the schools here are awesome. It's extremely safe and clean and wonderful for raising kids. It also has it's only little shopping complex, with two small-ish grocery stores, a pharmacy and and a post office, which is nice and easy to walk to. There are some large apartment complexes here -- all with playground areas for kids -- including many apartments that have private gardens.
Sorry to ramble so much. I just absolutely love it here. Feel free to send me a message if you have any questions or anything.
Hope you can find a lovely new home.
This user would like to thank Pancakes for this useful post: