View Single Post
Old 25.04.2020, 21:24

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
ninasayson is considered knowledgeableninasayson is considered knowledgeableninasayson is considered knowledgeable
Financial Requirements For Family Reunification/Dependent Visa (Non-EU)

Hi there!

So I've been reading multiple threads here in English Forum and I have a couple of questions and it would be great if anyone could please confirm them?

1. The Swiss Embassy has confirmed that my husband can apply for a dependent visa (Type D) with me in order for us to enter together in Switzerland. One of the requirements listed is "bank statements" and proof of financial status. Is the salary sufficient for this (paid PhD student; gross at 49,000 CHF) or do I need to prepare an additional 20,000 CHF (Neuchatel canton rules) for my husband?

1A. given that my gross salary is 49,000 CHF, is this not sufficient to cover the 20,000 CHF requirement per person?

2. In order to renew my husband's residence permit (B) yearly, do I need to provide 20,000 CHF? Is this necessary?

I am reading multiple threads here and I didn't realise the "financial requirements" for Non-EU and their Non-EU spouses were very excessive. Any clarification would be much appreciated!