View Single Post
Old 26.04.2020, 14:45
Moderately Dutch

Groaned at 369 Times in 310 Posts
Thanked 14,020 Times in 6,524 Posts
roegner has a reputation beyond reputeroegner has a reputation beyond reputeroegner has a reputation beyond reputeroegner has a reputation beyond reputeroegner has a reputation beyond reputeroegner has a reputation beyond repute
Re: how long until I found a job?

Quote:
View Post
Hi, same here.

Looking for a job from beginning of december with no luck.
So, I learned to make a lebenslauf (my early ones look like a 3 year old put them toghter..), a motivation letter well (WELL) articulateted, a professional picture (not really the best of may days..but nice backscreen) and applied to online courses of german and PLC programming (in german).
Still not 1 interview.
Looks like they do not know to read or just do not understand what is writte on the cv.
At the moment, I'm having a "professional" help me to find something a lot less qualified and of course less payed as what i could do....

16years around the globe, 10 years selfemployed, school diploma...50 years old and no swiss arbeitszeugniss? sorry...you can't wash the toilets at the hauptbahnhof.

DO NOT SURRENDER! The right opportunitie will arrive..continue to work towards it. Try to evolve yourself as much as possible also with online course: they are paper that you can give the idiots to read...and make them happy.
Being 50 or older makes it a lot more difficult, also not having the right "papers" does not make it easier either. There are still so many well qualified and well trained people who want to work here, the choice for most employers is easy.

As someone said, OP should try to get the training recognized, much easier if you have the equivalent to Swiss education.

Good luck
The following 2 users would like to thank roegner for this useful post: