View Single Post
Old 27.04.2020, 15:11
Forum Legend

Groaned at 313 Times in 224 Posts
Thanked 7,813 Times in 3,655 Posts
bowlie has a reputation beyond reputebowlie has a reputation beyond reputebowlie has a reputation beyond reputebowlie has a reputation beyond reputebowlie has a reputation beyond reputebowlie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Does anyone know when air travel with start again

Quote:
The point is- that no-one talked to them on arrival, and gave them instructions to self isolate for 14 days. I know so many who returned from skiing in Italy, France, Switzerland- NO checks, no leaflet, no instructions to self-isolate and what to do if they get symptoms. I also know people who returned from India and Africa, and China- many at my grandson's school in the UK, and at some schools and Unis in Switzerland. NO checks, no instructions- nothing. Some did the right thing, and isolated- others went straight to work or school.
And ... Besides the daily mail getting dozens of additional clicks, what actually happened?

The authorities have considered the options and implementing checks, printing leaflets (in multiple languages), telling people to self isolate (when the rules donít actually require it) doesnít actually serve much purpose. Do you really expect people to be honest at passport control, when the wrong answer could have them sent back?

Devote limited resources where they will do the best job. And ignore the moans and groans of the tabloid press..Their job is to sell advertising, not to help the medical services.

Information that is available through normal means is more than adequate to tell people what to do if they develop symptoms.