View Single Post
Old 28.04.2020, 14:48
Forum Legend

Groaned at 336 Times in 275 Posts
Thanked 14,603 Times in 7,498 Posts
greenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
I'm still waiting for an explanation as to what Musicchick meant by "people will respond in good faith".

My current interpretation is that she is only willing to engage with a select few who don't question or rock her posts.

I am not because I know the answer but am too polite to start this discussion again. I think MC will have to live with the idea that people have different opinions on pretty much everything and double standards are not considered good moderating practices anywhere, neither on EF nor on any other discussion board. By many. Or most. That's why people left. That's why we keep having these circular arguments to no avail.

At least let's agree that some or most discussions don't have to end in a consensus or in a sort of bargain - I agree with you a little if you agree with me a little. We don't have to vote on anything here. If I find or think something is really wrong or false I'll say so and won't engage with people who're trying to prove me that black is white and vice-versa.
Speaking of "engaging" with people, see, we can all learn something...

Last edited by greenmount; 28.04.2020 at 15:07.
The following 4 users would like to thank greenmount for this useful post: