View Single Post
Old 29.04.2020, 09:57
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 14 Times in 10 Posts
catandmouse has earned the respect of manycatandmouse has earned the respect of manycatandmouse has earned the respect of many
Re: Make yourself heard in hospitals if you wait for too long

I don't think you'll find Emergency intake in Swiss hospitals much different from that in other countries. When you come in you'll be quickly evaluated, usually by a nurse (triage). If it's a real emergency, life-threatening, you'll put on top of the list. Most other things, you'll just have to take your turn. If you turn up on a Friday or Saturday evening, that means waiting in line with the drunks who've walked into a lamp-post or similar.
I had a colleague who walked into one of these traffic posts that come up to block traffic in Lyon. He was taken by the pompiers to a hospital and waited 6 hours to be dealt with. He simply wasn't sufficiently injured to be given a priority.
I went to the CMC Nyon last Monday after an accident and was seen immediately, indeed I think I was the only patient there when I arrived. Hospital ERs really ought to be limited to life-threatening emergencies. You're almost always going to be better off looking for alternatives if it isn't an emergency, such as telemedecine, family doctor, permanence médical.
I doubt there's any country in the world where it will be different.
This user would like to thank catandmouse for this useful post: