View Single Post
Old 29.04.2020, 12:51
Forum Legend

Groaned at 94 Times in 75 Posts
Thanked 12,283 Times in 4,986 Posts
doropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond repute
Re: lohnpfändung - minimum amount, family abroad

Quote:
View Post
Hello,
I mean that the process started in september last year so altough I won't be debt free I will be able to negotiate with the bank after this runs its course.
Is morally owed debt like money I owe to friends or family or is it something different?
Because obviously I also have this problem, which is currently not even taken into account.
both options 1 and 2 were already rejected, by the bank multiple times.
so it seems I have no options here
Hi petezurich,
I'm really trying to help you. You (or your finances) seem to be in a mess, and as far as I read your posts here, you have not understood how the system works. That's no reproach. After all, it is overwhelming.

Yes, it is true that you will have no options if you don't learn the system. But it is also true that you may very well have better options if you do learn how things work.

Whether you try to deal with a debt counselling service (such as Mullhollander suggested, or as linked to by Edwin and the Beobachter, and here's another one https://www.caritas-zuerich.ch/hilfe...n-mit-schulden), or to appeal to the Betreibungsamt, or to the bank.... if you supply them with information in the way you have been answering my questions here... I'm sorry to say, but you will not succeed.

The thing is: the whole Swiss system in this regard works on precise facts, and it will require of you to provide all the documentation to prove them.

Several people have asked you questions, but I do not understand at least some of your your answers. Then I have asked again, and still I do not understand what you are saying, or you don't answer parts of the questions asked of you here. Of course you don't owe me any answers. And it is wise not to supply all your personal details on a public forum. I think, though, that you are only likely to succeed if you read all the links, to understand the system. And then act within that system.

You write, for example:
Quote:
View Post
both options 1 and 2 were already rejected, by the bank multiple times.
so it seems I have no options here
but the option 1 I outlined above is not addressed to the bank. That appeal can be addressed to the Betreibungsamt, if you use the Excel table linked to towards the end of my Post 11, above. Have you already made your appeal to them using all the full details, and failed at that? If you have submitted a full detailed budget, on what basis did they reject your request for a slightly slower rate of payment?

Quote:
View Post
Hello,
Is morally owed debt like money I owe to friends or family or is it something different?
Because obviously I also have this problem, which is currently not even taken into account.
I think "morally" in this sense probably means supporting spouse, children, parents. At least part of the answer lies in this: "Please note, in particular, that for an expense to be acknowledged, the application must include proof that you were also already really covering these costs before the Lohnpfändung was set up."

Last edited by doropfiz; 29.04.2020 at 13:55. Reason: adding link to Caritas Schuldenberatung
The following 3 users would like to thank doropfiz for this useful post: