View Single Post
Old 29.04.2020, 15:21
Banned

Groaned at 551 Times in 432 Posts
Thanked 23,700 Times in 9,578 Posts
Tom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Smart Lock options in Switzerland

Quote:
View Post
I would definitely be sure that my insurances are going to cover by using this sort of lock. Hence my question.
I asked my insurance company. They said it wouldn't make any difference to the insurance.

We have finger-print locks but I was specifically asking the insurance company about a home-built alarm which was explicitly not to deter burglars but to inform us if there had been a break-in whilst we were on holiday (by SMS) so we could get the friendly neighbours to call the Police if necessary and make arrangements to make the place secure again until our return.

In other countries, having a 'professionally installed and maintained' alarm can decrease your insurance premiums by quite a bit.

As for any electronic locks - ensure that the wires that actually lead to the unlocking solenoid are not accessible from the outside (by removing a cover for example).
I believe the UBolt Pro is fine in this respect but others may not be.
This user would like to thank Tom1234 for this useful post: