View Single Post
Old 03.05.2020, 14:12

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Abruch has no particular reputation at present
Re: Skiing/Snowboarding - winter 20/21 - Lausanne

I purchased the Magic Pass for the 19/20 season for 499 CHF, and I also purchased it for the 20/21 season, at the early-bird rate of 399 CHF.

I live in Lausanne without a car, so all of my travel to the mountains is by train.

For me, the Magic Pass allows me to not have to justify cutting out early or arriving late to the slopes. It lowers the barrier of decision making on a Saturday or Sunday morning, and I just pack my backpack and skis and head out.

As far as the selection of mountains; I think it's perfect given the cost of the pass. Yes, there isn't Verbier, but there are plenty of other smaller stations which are less crowded which offer similar and varied terrain.

I love Zinal and Grimentz because, and I frequent Leysin if I am looking to get some quick turns in on a weekend day.

Naturally, this past season was a bit disappointing at the lower elevation stations; not to mention the early closure. But I still managed to get out 10 or 11 times to cover the cost of the pass.

In conclusion, the Magic Pass gives me a piece of mind that I wouldn't normally have when justifying the trip to the mountain for the day.
The following 3 users would like to thank Abruch for this useful post: