View Single Post
Old 04.05.2020, 11:26
Forum Legend

Groaned at 402 Times in 266 Posts
Thanked 17,278 Times in 5,308 Posts
olygirl has a reputation beyond reputeolygirl has a reputation beyond reputeolygirl has a reputation beyond reputeolygirl has a reputation beyond reputeolygirl has a reputation beyond reputeolygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Favourite Bike paths/trails

Since holidays may be limited to domestic travel this year, a thread on your favourite or recommended bike paths trails might be in order.

Since I've bought my e-bike, I've have been to places that I never would have seen otherwise. It's so easy to go on the many "Fahrverbot" roads in the area and discover sights that I'd never really realised were so close. Just yesterday, I rode up to Klosterli on the Rigi and was amazed at all the waterfalls along the road, as well as the sights and sounds of the lush alpine meadows in the spring.

Just a few warnings though:

1. Some paths are quite steep and sometimes they're less frightening to go up than to go down.
2. Alplers will be moving their livestock up into the mountains during the next few weeks.
3. Be careful of curvy roads... stay on your side of the road when going around the curve as you never know what you may encounter.
4. Use your bell to warn hikers you'll be passing. A quick "Danke/Merci" is always appreciated as well.
5. Make sure your phone is charged in case of emergency.
6. Bring water and some food. I was once so preoccupied in scouting out the area that I found myself somewhere without water on a hot day. I had forgotten my water bottle and kicked myself for it.
7. Check your brakes before your trip. Good brakes are vital going down these mountains.