View Single Post
Old 07.05.2020, 12:43
modified, reprogrammed and doctored˛

Groaned at 391 Times in 269 Posts
Thanked 19,892 Times in 10,366 Posts
MusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Is Geneva council the new USSR?

Miloo, thanks for posting this in EN.

I understand your sentiment. But it is a bit tough for me to see it the same way for a number of reasons:

USSR was very far from the democratic set up in GE. They take care of their teachers, schools and students really well in GE, hard to be mad at them. A bunch of these non-paying renters have families and kids, an unsafe time to evict, wouldn't you think? Former soviet satelites EE countries have done the same, mine banned evictions till the end of 2020, for sanitary and epidemiological reasons. I completely support that decision, but gov there chips in with lost revenue to property owners.

“The only difference between a rut and a grave is a matter of depth.” S.P. Cadman

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." A. Einstein
The following 2 users would like to thank MusicChick for this useful post: