View Single Post
Old 08.05.2020, 12:23
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 49 Times in 33 Posts
Thanked 2,861 Times in 1,387 Posts
me.anon has a reputation beyond reputeme.anon has a reputation beyond reputeme.anon has a reputation beyond reputeme.anon has a reputation beyond reputeme.anon has a reputation beyond reputeme.anon has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Joint Banking in Switzerland between a Swiss & American

If the mixed US/Non-US banking issues still preclude a joint account, and you still feel the need for one, I'd suggest the following as a near equivalent:

Get the (non-US) partner to set up a separate bank account in his name to be used exclusively for shared bills.
You both make a regular payment of an agreed amount into the account to keep it topped up (say by standing order).
You both know the password of the online banking system for that account so either or both can administer it remotely for paying bills etc.
You both know the pin code of the bank card so can, if necessary, draw cash out at a cash dispenser or use it directly for purchases. You may even be able to get 2 cards for the same account. Anyway, you certainly can for credit cards.