View Single Post
Old 11.05.2020, 17:21

Groaned at 6 Times in 4 Posts
AnnaSophiaA has a reputation beyond reputeAnnaSophiaA has a reputation beyond reputeAnnaSophiaA has a reputation beyond reputeAnnaSophiaA has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Cooling bandana for dogs

Quote:
View Post
And finally, I found a great groomer that would give her the "summer buzz cut" as the weather warmed up - this made the biggest difference of all for our English Springer Spaniel - she'd get the light version of that about now, the serious version in late July, and her fur always grew back in plenty of time for mid Autumn.
Your other advice is great but itís really not recommended to shave/clip a dog with a proper double coat of fur as it provides them with insulation and protection from sun and from brush etc.

I know Meiko sells very expensive cooling jackets for dogs that Iíve heard a lot of good things about. Personally I keep my dog as wet as possible in summer and donít expect a lot of physical activity from her in the hot and sunny hours. Fans are good too. Keeping them slim helpsóan overweight dog will get hotter faster. Keeping the paws wet and cool is a big step.

Best of luck OP!
This user would like to thank AnnaSophiaA for this useful post: