View Single Post
Old 13.05.2020, 22:23
mulva mulva is offline
Join Date: May 2020
Location: Germany
Posts: 3
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
mulva has no particular reputation at present
Re: Testing a Car (MFK)

As a rule of thumb you can only drive the car on foreign plates up to one year after taking up residence in Switzerland. After that you can drive it for only 1 month.
I have a question on this. I'll be relocating to Switzerland once the borders open up again (Covid19). My plan is to bring my car with me (owned for 6+ months). My concern is that because its an older diesel Land Rover Defender registered and plated in South Africa it won't even come close to passing Swiss CO2 tests. It doesn't have a catalytic converter or any EGR fitted - it came from the UK factory with this spec for the Africa market and is all original. My question - I'll be taking up residency/work in Switzerland. Once I cross border and declare vehicle can I drive for 1 year on my SA plates and not have to worry about getting MFK/emmission tested until after 1 year?

Last edited by Guest; 19.05.2020 at 08:05. Reason: Fixed quote HTML