View Single Post
Old 15.05.2020, 13:57
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 8 Times in 7 Posts
gipfelisturmer has an excellent reputationgipfelisturmer has an excellent reputationgipfelisturmer has an excellent reputationgipfelisturmer has an excellent reputation
Re: Experience with Carvolution?

Quote:
View Post
Does anyone have any experience with the car leasing service, Carvolution? www.carvolution.com I think they're quite new.

I've never leased a car before so if anyone has any tips, that would be great! I have not owned a car since I moved to Switzerland 8 years ago - would quite like one now but don't want to make the commitment involved in buying/maintaining/selling at the moment!

Thanks.
This is an "all-inclusive" (leasing, insurance, taxes, service) sort of a subscription leasing.
You need to do your own math whether it makes sense for your personal situation.
If you want a brand new car it *might* get close to the price you would be paying if you were covering it separately all on your own.

Money-wise (depreciation et al.), it makes more sense to get a used car (and yes you can lease it too).
You can find (new and used) cars on autoscout24.ch, and selling garages are usually sorting out the leasing contract for you.
Then at the end of leasing you have the option of buying it off for the residual price; otherwise you just return it to the garage.

Alternatively you can also opt for financing (i.e. paying off the car in full over several years).
This user would like to thank gipfelisturmer for this useful post: