View Single Post
Old 15.05.2020, 14:33
Forum Legend

Groaned at 99 Times in 88 Posts
Thanked 19,576 Times in 8,681 Posts
aSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On [requesting] Permit C - Lawyer?

Quote:
View Post
Also, I would like to note that I've been living in this canton for about 2 years. So, whether or not you changed a canton in the last 5 years does not seem to play a role. At least in my case.
Changing canton has no effect on the residency requirements for permit C.

Quote:
View Post
In hindsight and unfortunately in my case, the authorities did not know how to do their job properly. I really do not think it's my job to ask around and in forums and read laws in order to figure out if the authorities are genuinely answering my questions.
Yes and no. You yourself should know the law (or at least know were you could look it up), on the other hand the authorities should give correct answers as well. Unfortunately this is not always the case specially when you deal with low level clerks. Fortunately a lawyer is never mandatory and with right knowledge and good communication you can change a lot of things yourself. As you did. Good job.

PS: you owe me CHF 1000