View Single Post
Old 15.05.2020, 14:52
Forum Legend

Groaned at 40 Times in 40 Posts
Thanked 4,580 Times in 2,110 Posts
Axa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Experience with Carvolution?

Quote:
View Post
Does anyone have any experience with the car leasing service, Carvolution? www.carvolution.com I think they're quite new.

I've never leased a car before so if anyone has any tips, that would be great! I have not owned a car since I moved to Switzerland 8 years ago - would quite like one now but don't want to make the commitment involved in buying/maintaining/selling at the moment!

Thanks.
I checked it when I was looking for a new car last summer.

That company offers very short lease terms: 6-12 months. If you change your mind next year, no problem. Usual leases are 36-48 months. But, monthly payments are higher compared to a 48 month lease...commitment is cheaper.

My only worry is the following part of the Carvolution FAQ. 1000 CHF is like one week of replacement car, never bothered enough to ask what "breaks down completely" means or what the contract really says. Let assume a dumb rear-crash where you have no fault at all. The car has minor cosmetic damages but for whatever reason will stay 2 more weeks an the repair shop.....you have no car and still liable for the monthly payment.

Quote:
Will I get a replacement car in case of a longer breakdown or service?In any case, in the event of damage or breakdown, a replacement car cover of up to CHF 1,000 is included. If your car breaks down completely, we offer you a replacement car to keep you mobile.
(Cheap) used cars are cheaper, subcompacts like VW Golf, Toyota Yaris, etc. Anything with original price above 50K CHF has a lot of stuff that may fail after the warranty ends and its expensive to repair.
This user would like to thank Axa for this useful post: