View Single Post
Old 17.05.2020, 15:02
Forum Legend

Groaned at 34 Times in 30 Posts
Thanked 26,109 Times in 8,066 Posts
meloncollie has a reputation beyond reputemeloncollie has a reputation beyond reputemeloncollie has a reputation beyond reputemeloncollie has a reputation beyond reputemeloncollie has a reputation beyond reputemeloncollie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Looking for dog harness with front and back leash connectors

Nowt to do with harnesses, but:

Quote:
View Post
Really working on his body being in balance at the moment, which is doubly important because of his hip problems
A suggestion from Heffalump's doggy physiotherapist is that we use a t-shirt now and again as we are going about our day, either training or just hanging out. H doesn't seem to know where his back end is, or even some days that he has one.

H wears the T-shirt upside down. The tail goes through the neck opening, the back legs through the sleeves. Pull the body of the T-shirt over his back, gather into a knot to tighten.

The idea is to give him a more of a sense of where the back end is and what it's doing. It's a balance aid, similar to a TTouch wrap but covers more surface area, as it were. I've even made two T-shirts into a body suit of sorts, one worn normally, one 'upside down', connecting both Heffalump halves. I can't get a real bodysuit on Heffalump easily (haystack masquerading as a collie) so two t-shirts works better for us.

(I used to use TTouch wraps with Haifisch, but at-the-time-young Hooligan took great delight in 'unwrapping' him. Best game ever for the mutts, but we needed another approach to body work.)

Anyway - if you are looking for a variety of body sensations, a T-shirt worn around the house or at the training ground might be a simple, inexpensive option.

(Piddle first!)
This user would like to thank meloncollie for this useful post: