View Single Post
Old 18.05.2020, 11:21

Groaned at 9 Times in 4 Posts
rachvdg is considered knowledgeablerachvdg is considered knowledgeablerachvdg is considered knowledgeable
Finding out minimum salary needed to survive/thrive for family with 4 kids in Vaud?

Hi,

We are contemplating moving back to Switzerland (we are both Swiss, but have lived out of the country for the past 7 years, and 4 kids later...

and we are having a hard time finding out realistic info about how much we would potentially need to be earning in order to have any kind of a "good" standard of living (not just barely surviving)...

Does anyone know of any good websites or calculators where you can calculate how much we would need to earn to successfully live there again? When we left my husband had a pretty good salary, he's in IT and would now be at a senior level manager level - we would be looking at jobs for him in the Geneva area...

Its something that is a very sticky point of discussion between us, as I really want to move back, but he is concerned its going to be much more expensive to live there than we think, now with 4 kids...so we are weighing up pros and cons....

Do any of you have any experience in Vaud with lots of kids and what your quality of life has been like if you aren't on a very generous salary? (ie. over 200,000

From what I am looking at in terms of costs we would need to earn a min. of about 140,000 to even barely survive, what with costs to rent, car costs, food etc....is that realistic do you think? Higher or lower???
This user groans at rachvdg for this post: