Thread: RAV Sanctions
View Single Post
Old 20.05.2020, 09:56

Groaned at 10 Times in 8 Posts
Silvestre has a reputation beyond reputeSilvestre has a reputation beyond reputeSilvestre has a reputation beyond reputeSilvestre has a reputation beyond repute
RAV Sanctions

Hello all,

Further to my other post, my spouse had to resign due to an extremely toxic environment at work. Given the extraordinary situation, the decision wasn't taken lightly! If we decide to claim RAV (subject to implications on permit renewal), we understand that they might be sanctioned due to the fact that they voluntarily resigned.

In addition to resigning, they are like to leave their position early. Contractually, my spouse has a 3 months’ notice period but it is likely that they will mutually agree to end employment by the end of June, what is the implication of leaving early? Will there be further sanctions?

Also, what is the impact of the sanctions in calculating work requirement which I believe is 12 months in the previous 2 years?

My spouse has been in employment since September 2017. Their current employment started in November 2019 and between August 2016 (their arrival date) and September 2017, they were unemployed but did not claim any RAV.

Thanks,

Silvestre