View Single Post
Old 20.05.2020, 10:57
modified, reprogrammed and doctored˛

Groaned at 343 Times in 237 Posts
Thanked 18,780 Times in 9,775 Posts
MusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
Strong letter and statement from UK negotiator David Frost. It basically makes the case that EU demands as they are are not acceptable.

I'm coming to the conclusion that the Coronavirus pandemic has come at a good time for Brexit. Economies and supply chains will have to realign regardless when this is all over, so Brexit economic realignment can form a part of this. The fact that economies have taken such a massive hit from should embolden the UK to be more ambitious in their Brexit approach.
I agree but then when you say the UK - it was not exactly united before the CV hit the UK, not sure if it is more united now or more exhausted...and if the changes you hold your fingers for will have enough support, in general. I am afraid of that one stupid argument politicians or media will bring to accelerate the process: "it was the EU's fault that the country was hit so hard", because it wasn't, imho, jut a part of it. People took time. So if you think about a rabbit in the headlight reaction towards CV, you can pretty much count on it to any political change now, too. And it is not a good way to bring political progress or process it. It is just my take on it...since there might be other priorites that are pressing now. Rushing Brexit will not make people comply or accept, co-operate, understand. The virus rushed itself in there and people took long to realize it and adjust their behavior. It was like that in quite a few countries, I don't want to pick on yours specifically.

“The only difference between a rut and a grave is a matter of depth.” S.P. Cadman

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." A. Einstein