View Single Post
Old 24.05.2020, 10:37
Forum Legend

Groaned at 461 Times in 352 Posts
Thanked 23,091 Times in 11,824 Posts
fatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Circuit Breakers

Quote:
View Post
These offer benefits over old fashioned safety fuses, they react faster, and when they trip you just have to reset the switch instead of changing the fuse.

My problem is my flat is getting older and a couple of times circuit breakers tripped and then could not be reset.

I had to call in the electrician to take the power panel apart and connect the power cables to a new Circuit Breaker as this work is beyond my wife's faith in my DIY abilities.

I am surprised there are no plugin type Circuit Breakers so one could just pull out the broken one and stick in a new one instead of changing the cables over. Or maybe they do exist? Does anyone know and what would they recommend to comply with the fussy Swiss regulations?
Very easy to change, just 4 connections. Surely you are old enough to have wired a plug in the past. Remember to turn off the power first

I removed this from my fusebox yesterday, it took 5 minutes in total, been thinking about it for a month, I waited for the wife to go shopping It was a remote system to turn on central heating via a phone call, not needed as I fitted smart thermostats so I can adjust each room separately via the internet. The thermostats have between 3 & 5 wires each. The larger rooms only have 3 wires as the third wire switches a relay, the smaller rooms below 5 amps switch directly at the thermostat need 4 wires, the timer has no use anymore with smart control.
Attached Images

Last edited by fatmanfilms; 24.05.2020 at 10:47.
The following 2 users would like to thank fatmanfilms for this useful post: