View Single Post
Old 25.05.2020, 12:05
Forum Legend

Groaned at 338 Times in 275 Posts
Thanked 26,173 Times in 10,978 Posts
amogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Adobe indesign alternative?

I have an ancient version of InDesign that sits on on ancient mac mini that hasn't been updated in centuries and that I wouldn't connect to the internet any more. Transferring files by USB stick still works. It has a version of InDesign that I bought legally back in the days when a license was for life. It works well and whenever I have to do something designey such as updating a brochure, it still comes out.

Most of the newer functions that Adobe have added since then are bells and whistles that are maybe of interest to super professional designers, but that low end users such as myself wouldn't even know what to use for. So an old version is good enough.

Maybe if you scout around on ebay you can find some older computer and software package and do something similar?