View Single Post
Old 26.05.2020, 08:04
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 11 Times in 10 Posts
Thanked 1,347 Times in 589 Posts
Spinal has a reputation beyond reputeSpinal has a reputation beyond reputeSpinal has a reputation beyond reputeSpinal has a reputation beyond reputeSpinal has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Over the counter allergy medicine in Switzerland

Quote:
View Post
Hello,

I donít know about you, but the current high grass pollen levels are crippling me.

I think I need to add a nasal steroid to my prescription list. Do you know if any are available over the counter like in my home country? I tried asking yesterday at the pharmacy and they looked at me like I was insane and tried to offer homeopathic crud (I already take various homeopathic stuff which helps moderately, but come on...sometimes you need more.) I do know with enough push, you can get what you need over the counter here if you have to correct names. (Flonase/fluticasone didnít seem to be known.)

I have written to my GP last week, who is on vacation and would like to have something as soon as possible.

For other allergy sufferers on this thread, I have purchased Claritin over the counter and Benocten (I.e. Benadryl) which is actually sold as a sleeping aid here.

Thanks for your help!
I tend to ask for Oxymetazoline (jsut a decongestant), and that works pretty well when combined with an (oral) antihistamine and antihistamine eye-drops.

That said, Sanofi make this:
https://www.allergo.ch/it/nasacort.html
which I'm going to try if it gets as bad as it did the other day...
This user would like to thank Spinal for this useful post: