View Single Post
Old 26.05.2020, 10:37
Forum Legend

Groaned at 292 Times in 206 Posts
Thanked 7,108 Times in 3,345 Posts
bowlie has a reputation beyond reputebowlie has a reputation beyond reputebowlie has a reputation beyond reputebowlie has a reputation beyond reputebowlie has a reputation beyond reputebowlie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Over the counter allergy medicine in Switzerland

Quote:
View Post
Yea, same she's great by email, but currently on a well deserved vacation and I'm desperate.

Happy to hear Avamys works for you, I will look into it.

Haha, I am used to it! Once I was out on the bike trails in heavy winds and a wasp literally flew into my mouth and stung my gum. The swelling was intense and I raced to the nearest pharmacy for some Diphenhydramine (Benadryl, US). The pharmacists were not at all sympathetic and kept muttering to each other "Amerikaner extreme" due to my request (Diphenhydramine is sold as a sleeping aid in CH.). I guess extreme dramatic swelling, which sadly also included a foaming at the mouth reaction, wasn't more extreme than what would be considered a basic medicine to buy in the US.
You have noted that things are done differently here, I hope. They don't advertise prescription drugs on the telly either. Wonder why?