View Single Post
Old 26.05.2020, 11:31
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
venetian has a reputation beyond reputevenetian has a reputation beyond reputevenetian has a reputation beyond reputevenetian has a reputation beyond repute
Re: House sold before even viewed it

Quote:
View Post
My point was the honourable thing to do is to honour all appointments let everyone make fair bids on the house and then make a decision
IMHO the honourable thing to do is to clarify the rules at the beginning and be honest and transparent with all the involved parties during the process. You were timely informed, you were spared a fake visit and the owner did not play with you and the other candidates trying to have you fight against each other offering more money. This is also honourable.

I understand you, it happened to me as well. I was coming to Switzerland for the first time, with just a couple of nights booked in a hotel and an appointment to see an apartment the following day. While in Arth-Goldau I read the email from the station public wifi and I found a message, the apartment was gone while I was on the train, 16 hours before my appointment. And I found myself "homeless" in Zurich.

By the way, the same happens for job interviews. Sometimes the company cancels an interview because they found someone, on the other side I once canceled an interview with a company because I got a good contract from someone else. It's just life...

I wish you all the best with your housing search, I already did three and I could soon start another one, I know how important it can be
The following 3 users would like to thank venetian for this useful post: